Photography and Beach Portraits on the Emerald Coast

As a professional photographer in Destin, I know how wonderful it is to live along the NW Florida coast, a place so rich with natural treasures. I can't get enough of the nature, the wildlife, and all the activities associated with the beach lifestyle. I spend a lot of time photographing beach portraits from Ft Walton Beach to Panama City Beach. Each photo, each family picture is special to me.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010


Pelicans on the Gulf

Growing up in Valdosta, Georgia, my father took me fishing with him at an early age. I learned to love nature and to respect all God’s creatures and I carried that respect with me to Destin when my husband and I moved to the Gulf Coast in 1999. My love and fascination with coastal wildlife and the shoreline only grows stronger with the years and I sincerely hope my photography reflects that. This beautiful, healthy Brown Pelican from our Emerald Coast is a sharp contrast to the photo visual that for me will forever define the horrible tragedy of the spill, the iconic image of the oil covered Pelican in Louisiana. Thankfully, our coast remains clear and so this pelican’s home, for now, remains pure and beautiful. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
I support the efforts of Audubon and our local wildlife refuge agency, The Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge and Marine Mammal Stranding Center (http://www.ecwildliferefuge.com/). While the impact on birds in our area is as yet unclear, these agencies are working closely with NOAA, USFWS, FFWCC, BP, Okaloosa EOC and they are prepared to respond to oiled wildlife. I am ready to stand with them.

So far we Walton County Citizens are urged to be sentinels and to call these numbers: Walton County Citizen Information – 850-267-2000 with any oil related concerns. To report oiled or injured wildlife we are to call 866-557-1401.

1 comment:

  1. Great photo! I'm really concerned about the impact on wildlife, it will be a long and difficult time for many species.

    Check out the Clean coast Music and Arts fest scheduled for Destin this fall - we could raise a LOT of money for these rescue groups!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete